Standard 3: Frequency and Attendance of Board Meetings - An organization shall have a minimum of three evenly spaced meetings per year of the full governing body with a majority in attendance, with face-to-face participation. A conference call of the full board can substitute for one of the three meetings of the governing body. For all meetings, alternative modes of participation are acceptable for those with physical disabilities.
Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement does not meet this Standard because:
- The board of directors did not hold a minimum of three evenly spaced meetings in the past fiscal year.
Standard 14: Budget - Have a board-approved annual budget for its current fiscal year, outlining projected expenses for major program activities, fund raising, and administration.
Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement does not meet this Standard because, when the organization provided budget information, it indicated that the budget:
- Did not identify total projected fund raising expenses.
- Included total projected program service expenses, however, did not break these expenses down by major program category.
Standard 16: Annual Report - Have an annual report available to all, on request, that includes: (a) the organization's mission statement, (b) a summary of the past year's program service accomplishments, (c) a roster of the officers and members of the board of directors, (d) financial information that includes (i) total income in the past fiscal year, (ii) expenses in the same program, fund raising and administrative categories as in the financial statements, and (iii) ending net assets.
Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement does not meet this standard because:
- The organization states it does not have an annual report covering activities conducted in the past year.
Standard 17: Web Site Disclosures - Include on any charity websites that solicit contributions, the same information that is recommended for annual reports, as well as the mailing address of the charity and electronic access to its most recent IRS Form 990.
Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement does not meet this Standard because the organization's website, http://www.haceonline.org/, does not include all of the recommended information for those charity websites that solicit for donations. Specifically, it does not include:
- Total income.
- Total program expenses.
- Total fund raising expenses.
- Total administrative expenses.
- End of year net assets.
- Electronic access to the organization’s most recent IRS Form 990.