Standard 12: Detailed Functional Breakdown of Expenses - Include in the financial statements a breakdown of expenses (e.g., salaries, travel, postage, etc.) that shows what portion of these expenses was allocated to program, fund raising, and administrative activities. If the charity has more than one major program category, the schedule should provide a breakdown for each category.
I AM ABLE Center For Family Development, Inc. does not meet this Standard because, in the organization's financial statements, the detailed functional breakdown of expenses:
- Did not include a breakdown of fund raising expenses.
Standard 14: Budget - Have a board-approved annual budget for its current fiscal year, outlining projected expenses for major program activities, fund raising, and administration.
I AM ABLE Center For Family Development, Inc. does not meet this Standard because, when the organization provided budget information, it indicated that the budget:
- Included total projected program service expenses, however, did not break these expenses down by major program category.
Standard 16: Annual Report - Have an annual report available to all, on request, that includes: (a) the organization's mission statement, (b) a summary of the past year's program service accomplishments, (c) a roster of the officers and members of the board of directors, (d) financial information that includes (i) total income in the past fiscal year, (ii) expenses in the same program, fund raising and administrative categories as in the financial statements, and (iii) ending net assets.
I AM ABLE Center For Family Development, Inc. does not meet this standard because the most recent annual report did not include:
- The organization’s mission statement
- A summary of program service accomplishments.
- Total income.
- Total program expenses.
- Total expenses for each program in the same categories that appear in the organization’s financial statements.
- Total fund raising expenses.
- Total administrative expenses.
- Total end of year net assets.
Standard 17: Web Site Disclosures - Include on any charity websites that solicit contributions, the same information that is recommended for annual reports, as well as the mailing address of the charity and electronic access to its most recent IRS Form 990.
I AM ABLE Center For Family Development, Inc. does not meet this Standard because the organization's website, http://www.iamablecenter.org/index-2.html, does not include all of the recommended information for those charity websites that solicit for donations. Specifically, it does not include:
- A roster of the board of directors.
- Electronic access to the organization’s most recent IRS Form 990.