Standard 14: Budget - Have a board-approved annual budget for its current fiscal year, outlining projected expenses for major program activities, fund raising, and administration.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago does not meet this Standard because, when the organization provided budget information, it indicated that the budget:
- Was not produced for the current fiscal year.
Standard 16: Annual Report - Have an annual report available to all, on request, that includes: (a) the organization's mission statement, (b) a summary of the past year's program service accomplishments, (c) a roster of the officers and members of the board of directors, (d) financial information that includes (i) total income in the past fiscal year, (ii) expenses in the same program, fund raising and administrative categories as in the financial statements, and (iii) ending net assets.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago does not meet this standard because the most recent annual report did not include:
- A roster of the board of directors
- Total income.
- Total program expenses.
- Total expenses for each program in the same categories that appear in the organization’s financial statements.
- Total fund raising expenses.
- Total administrative expenses.
- Total end of year net assets.